Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 2 - Cape Town

I'm just in awe writing day 2, sitting outstanding on my balcony looking at the magnificent Table Mountain. The day started with rain but luckily the clouds are clearing and I have a fantastic view. Having a massage at the One & Only doesn't hurt putting you in that relaxed “zen” mode.

I wasn't sure what to expect today. I left this morning for a full tour of the Cape Peninsula. It reminded me of a mix between the Road to Hanna in Maui and the Amalfi Coast – two destinations I would never think to compare. What was really surprising was the wildlife I saw on the drive – Ostriches by the sea, Penguins, Seals and Baboons! I stopped by an Ostrich farm and of course a winery to taste some delicious wines. The highlight of the winery was a sparkling Pinot Nior which unfortunately they do not ship to the United States – darn!
 


One of the major highlights of the day was standing at the Southern Most Point of Africa. I just hope someday I can return to this fabulous city and share with my family.


1 comment:

  1. Too bad you can only have 44lbs on this trip or I would ask you to carry me home a bottle of that sparkling pinot! I'm toasting to you (with my coffee at my desk) for a continued fabulous trip! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete