Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Peru

Day 1
Off to Peru I go... how to get there? I took the overnight flight (2:00AM) from Miami to Lima arriving at approximately 6:40AM. I spent my morning at the Belmond Miraflores Park which is an outstanding hotel. Taking my own advice I arranged a spa appointment to relax and get over jet lag. After a wonderful lunch I had a private tour of Lima to learn as much about the city as I could in such a short amount of time. Money and time well spent. 

Day 2
After an early (and short)  flight from Lima we arrived Cusco. This is where the adventure begins. I have the pleasure to be traveling with our Virtuoso partners G Adventures and learn about their Planeterra initiative. This is a global movement to make tourism sustainable, to minimize impacts on the environment, local people and cultures and offer economic benefits to local businesses and communities. Click here to learn about this amazing project.

The second stop was for lunch at Parwa which is another Planaterra project. This is a community run restaurant to provide access to the tourism market for the first time to a small village. Lear more  here . Our farm to table lunch was delicious. Fun fact - did you know there are 3500 varieties of potatoes in Peru?

Our day ended with our first glimpse of the Sacred Valley – all I can say is WOW! Stay tuned for more of my adventure. 





1 comment: