Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Food & Wine Part 1







One of my bucket list destinations has always been Paws Up in Montana and I finally made it there! I was fortunate enough to travel during one of their many special themed weekends. This particular weekend was a Masterchef weekend featuring the extremely talented Jamie Malone, Mindy Segal, Ashley Christensen and Ben Jones who is the executive chef at Paws Up.

Each night a masterchef prepared a fabulous five course tasting menu paired with amazing wineries to include Merry Edwards Winery, Rombauer Vineyards and Grgich Hills Estate. Favorite bites of the weekend was hands down the Smoked Duck Pot Pie by Ashley Christensen and the Milk Stout Flourless Chocolate Cake from Mindy Segal. I think I need to have a dinner party! I must also give a shout out to Paws Up for one of the best Bloody Mary's of my life – Beef Jerky, Olives, Montgomery Distilleries' Sunday Morning Bloody Mary Mix. Now that's how you start your day!

My experience at Paws Up went above and beyond my exceptions. You have amazing homes to choose from to a glamping experience with fully furnished tents. You can even combine your stay with a tent to experience both types of accommodations.

The activities are unlimited – horseback riding, cattle hearing, fly fishing, ATV and even repelling. The scenery... well what can I say? Nothing beats the big Montana sky.

Will I be back – yes! When – not soon enough! If you are a “beach” only type of traveler please contact me and give the mountains a chance.





No comments:

Post a Comment